Microsoft Imagine Academy (formerly known as Microsoft IT Academy) is a program that provides libraries and their patrons FREE access to Microsoft's online courseware for technology training. Courses cover a variety of Microsoft products and skill levels - ranging from beginner users to advances technical courses that qualify for Microsoft Certification testing. The digital curriculum offers courses not only on fundamental technology skills, but also technical courses for those pursuing a career in IT. Imagine Academy is a complete technology education solution through leading-edge technology skills development that leads to certification professional development. Click here to get started!Upcoming Microsoft Imagine Academy Events
While our patrons are always welcome to come to the library and work on Microsoft Academy any time, we have several upcoming events to showcase the program and help you learn more about it. If you are looking to refresh or learn new digital skills we can help at these Microsoft Academy Open Houses!
Learning Paths Offered
- Productivity. Become efficient in Microsoft Office and other software tools in your personal life, educational path, or career for a wide range of jobs.
- Computer Science. Prepare for college and career roles in software and app development.
- IT Infrastructure. Learn the technical skills required to build a sustainable technology career managing infrastructure for cloud, clients, devices databases, and Office 365.
- Data Science. Builds on core Excel and database fundamental skills but provides students with advanced skills for querying, analyzing, and visualizing data.
- The Microsoft Office Academic Course Series delivers a complete learning and teaching framework developed specifically for use in an academic setting
- The Microsoft Online Learning Curriculum provides unlimited access for more than 400 courses
- Ready-to-use, customizable lesson plans include links to relevant Microsoft Online Learning and free demos and videos
- The Microsoft Digital Literacy Curriculum provides essential computing
- Microsoft Office Specialist (MOS) exams that make you more productive in academics and business careers
- Microsoft Technology Associate (MTA) provides an entry-level opportunity to explore various technical careers
- Microsoft Certifications Solutions Associate/ Expert (MCSA/MCSE) exams provide steps to validation of a student's ability to design and build innovative solutions across multiple technologies, both on-premise and in the cloud
- Pass a Microsoft Certification exam and apply for college credit via the ACE College Credit Recommendation Service
Sponsored by the Digital Learning Grant and Washington State Library